Wednesday, July 09, 2008

The many misadventures of Pat!

There are certain things that have been deemed out of bounds for me. The "eversharp knives" at my house, the paper cutter at work and "Krazy glue" at both locations. Well... this weekend I broke my hairbrush. Dropped it on a cement floor and the handle snapped clean. I got out the krazy glue. Bob shook his head, I ignored him. I opened it with a flourish, proceeded to put a dollop on the brush handle and put the pieces together. I then held it upright with my left hand, and pushed down with my right hand to ensure proper bonding. It bonded alright, to my left hand! Bob shook his head. I quickly disengaged my hand and moved to a clean part of the handle. Then I needed something to put it in to keep it upright and dry. I took a Tim Hortons cup, put the brush in it and put the cup down. Well, I tried to put the cup down, it was glued to my hand. Bob shook his head some more. I ignored him with a vengeance. One day his head is going to fall off from all that shaking and then I'll have the last laugh!

Monday morning, I shattered a glass bowl. I carefully picked it up and swept. I didn't vacuum as Bob was sleeping and I didn't want him to jump up and start shaking his head again and get all dizzy or something. I figured he was still recuperating from the Krazy Glue incident. (Thoughtful eh?) I, of course, ended up with a shard of glass in my left foot.

Fortuitously, I was going to the Doctor today. I mentioned the glass shard, he found it, got it out and then jabbed me with a tetanus shot! Sneaky bugger. I assumed he would just shake his head in a Bob like fashion and move on. Men, you can't trust them!

No comments: