Saturday, July 19, 2008

Another exciting day!

I suppose I should start by explaining the picture. Mich and I were at Pier 1 Imports when we heard a fire truck. It stopped across the parking lot at Best Buy. There was a car on fire. My pic does not do it justice. At one point you couldn't see the lot for the smoke. The firefighters pried the hood open, giving the fire oxygen, huge flames came spewing out. (Of course I didn't think of taking a pic at that point!) They ended up having to use foam to put it out. Then they had to wash down the parking lot to get rid of the foam. The black car parked in front of the car on fire was a couple of spaces over so should be ok. The owner of the car was out pacing around his car when Mich and I were finished shopping, he looked quite dejected. The car was toast.

No comments: