Sunday, March 15, 2009

Coincidences, Karma and 6 degrees of separation!



So a bit of background. My name is Pat, and my favourite radio station is CBC Radio, AM, (as I have blogged so many times previously.) I grew up in London, Ontario, I live in Windsor. My daughter's name is Michelle. Michelle is in her last year of Honours Biology, environmental sustainability, at the University of Windsor. She works part time as a Pharmacy Technician at a Shopper's Drug Mart... so...

As I blogged last weekend I left for Ottawa on business. I took the train there. From Windsor to London, I sat alone. At London a gentleman was my seat mate. He introduced himself. His name was Peter Leo, a senior producer at CBC Radio in Toronto! Now... that's not all. He grew up in London. He then mentioned the "Inter-City Student's Council of which he was a member." Well, it was one year and I was the rep for my high school! We met monthly at the Board offices on Elmwood. Peter and I had to be there, at the same time, for these meetings! We talked all the way to Toronto and are now facebook friends.

From Toronto to Ottawa was a woman, just a bit younger than me. Her name? Michelle! Her job? She works for an Global Company specializing in Environmental assessments and reporting! Her daughter's part time job? Shopper's Drug Mart, Pharmacy Technician. Michelle, (my daughter, not my seat mate,) was on her way to London to interview for Grad School at Western for her Masters in a program that Michelle, my seat mate, was very interested in! (Oh, by the way, Mich was accepted into the Grad program and accepted in return!)*EDIT* I forgot to mention that the woman's niece is a pyrotechnician! Being a Federally licensed pyrotechnician and Fireworks Supervisor myself it's strange to run into someone who knows someone who's licensed for this, along with all the other intersections in our lives it was even weirder!*

There are far too many coincidences for it to be mere coincidence! It seems my train rides were "engineered" by Karma!

No comments: